Pea Shoot Pesto Recipe
2-3 garlic scapes (1/4-1/2 cup) or 1-3 cloves garlic
1 bag (2.5 oz) fresh pea shoots
1/2—1 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup olive, grapeseed, or sunflower oil
1 teaspoon white or rice wine vinegar
1. Wash scapes, removing both ends, or peel garlic. Chop roughly.
2. Place garlic, peashoots, and salt in food processor or blender.
3. Blend, drizzling in oil and vinegar as the mixture purees to your desired consistency.
4. Serve as a dip with veggies, spread for bread, or sauce for pasta.
5. Store in the fridge with a light covering of oil for up to ten days or freeze for future use.